* Chemical Engineering of functional and self-assembling materials - Design & Syntheses
- Self-assembled pi-conjugated molecules
The synthesis routes are based on choosing powerful semiconductors (thiophene-capped diketopyrrolopyrrole (TDPPT) derivatives coupled to benzodithiazole (BDT) or PDI units) and suitable hydrogen-bonding motifs (range from amides to semicarbazone derivatives). Both components are then covalently linked.
For the preparation of the semiconducting segment, the reactions used are based on Suzuki and Stille cross-coupling reactions and Vilsmeier-Haack reactions. The hydrogen-bonding units are introduced using Knoevenagel condensations.
* Growth control and crystallization of pi-conjugated materials
Molecular modeling on a Silicon Graphic station using the Cerius2 program
* Structural Characterizations
Spectrocopies controlled in Temperature (UV-Vis-NIR, FTIR, NMR)
Electron Microscopies (TEM, SEM, cryo-TEM, cryo-SEM)
Ultra microtomie (RT or cryo)
GIXD, SAXS, WAXS, SANS experiences
* Rheology and piezorheology
* Opto-electronic Properties (in collaboration with ICube)
Charge transport properties (OFET)